|Photo by Dilip Vishwanat/Getty Images|
Ryan MacLeod (RyanMacLeod15)
It appears that the Jon Lester saga is coming to an end. Earlier today Buster Olney first reported that "Lester talks nearing the finish line, sources say. Choice will be made no earlier than tonight, no later than tomorrow." on twitter.
Early in the evening there was a flurry of rumors that spread quickly around twitter that said that the Chicago Cubs and the San Francisco Giants were the finalists in landing Lester's signature, and that the Boston Red Sox were out of the running. After the flurry of rumors, Lester's agents told reporters that the rumors were simply untrue and that no decision had been made. Sean McAdam from CSNNE reported that the Red Sox were not informed that they were out on Lester and that a meeting is still in place between the club and Lester's agents tonight.
Earlier in the day the Red Sox opened up a roster spot when Jemile Weeks cleared wavers and was taken off of the teams 40-man roster. This creation of a roster spot could be if Lester is signed in the next 24 hours but also could be used by the team if another signing or trade occurs.
For now it appears that Lester has not made his decision, but if reports are correct he will before Tuesday is done.
Can the Red Sox pull off a magic trick and offer Lester a contract that he will sign? Like what you read? Leave a comment below or let me know on twitter by clicking here. Ryan MacLeod 12/08/2014 05:48:00 PM Tweet