Xander Bogaerts is nothing short of phenomenal.
The number six prospect in MLB, the undisputed number one prospect of the Red Sox, he has been bashing on the door for some time now.
There are issues right now after the Jose Iglesias trade, where short stop opened up, questions around the platoon of three players at third, and the continued success of Xander Bogaerts in the Minor League system.
A scouting report was put up recently that highlighted a few of his major attractions for the Red Sox right now:
- he is 6-foot-3, 185 pounds, has a very broad upper body, will continue to develop and outgrow SS position.
- he is a complete player, can play anywhere needed.
- he has outstanding baseball instincts, strong arm, overall balance and strength.
- he projects to be a game-changing power hitter and his hands are lightning quick through the ball.
- played at all levels of Red Sox farm system:
- has eight home runs, 26 RBIs and 25 walks in 49 games since being promoted from Double-A Portland.
- in 105 games combined at both levels, posted a solid slash line of .294/.390/.484, with 14 home runs and 61 RBIs.
- very possible the Red Sox could use his power and hitting tools as soon as this season.
Sound like a plan?
Post a comment or via twitter @ericschabell with your thoughts.
More by Eric D. Schabell